Monday, April 20, 2009

The Color Line-Q's Part Two

PART TWO (make sure you have answered for part one below, when finished, please add and post your scores as a comment. Also, please bring this quiz-that I did NOT create, not sure who did-to a person of a different race then you and see what they have.)

Score 5 if the statement is often true for YOU.
3 if the statement is sometimes true for YOU.
0 if the statement is seldom true for YOU.

12. I can be oblivious to the language and the customs of the persons of color w/out feeling any penalty for such ignorance from the people of my race. (In other words, people of my race are not angry, disappointed, or frustrated if I don't know about the cultural traditions of people of color.)

13. I can criticize our government or talk about fear or opposing its polices without being seen as a racial outsider.

14. I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk to the "person in charge" in a school, business, restaurant, or other location, I will be facing a person of my race.

15. I can conveniently buy posters, postcards, picture books, greeting cards, and magazines featuring people of my race.

16. I can go home from most meetings of the clubs or organizations that I participate in feeling tied in, not isolated, out of place, outnumbered, unheard, feared, or hated.

17. I can take a scholarship without having others suspect I got it because of my race.

18. If my family goes on vacation, we choose a hotel without fearing that people of race cannot get in or will be mistreated or mistrusted in there.

19. I can be sure that if I need legal or medical help, my race will not work against me.

20. If my day, week, or year is going badly, I don't need to wonder if each negative situation is due somewhat to my race.

21. I can comfortably avoid, ignore, or minimize the impact of racism on my life.

22. I can speak in a public group without my race being an issue.

23. Most dolls, crayons, band-aids, makeup, and any other items that comes in "flesh" color is more or less a match for my skin.

24. If a substitute teacher disciplines me, I can be sure I haven't been singled out because of my race.

No comments:

Post a Comment